2020's just going to keep 2020ing right along.
Two different pilots in two different airliners reported seeing "a guy in a jetpack" as they descended into LAX Sunday evening.
One pilot said the Tony Stark impersonator was flying at about the same altitude as his jet (3,000 feet) and was only about 300 yards off his wing.
Fox 11 published the air traffic control audio clips:
- American Flight 1997: "Tower, American 1997, we just passed a guy in a jetpack."
- Tower: "American 1997, OK, thank you. Were they off to your left or right side?"
- American Flight 1997: "Off the left side, maybe 300 yards or so, about our altitude."
A Skywest pilot then confirmed the sighting:
- Skywest Flight: "We just saw the guy passing by us in the jetpack."
Then the tower alerted an incoming Jet Blue flight to the reported hazard:
- Tower: "Jet Blue 23, use caution, a person in a jetpack reported 300 yards south of the LA final at about 3,000 feet, 10 mile final."
- Jet Blue 23: "Jet Blue 23, we heard and we are definitely looking."
- Another pilot: "Only in LA."
Who was this mystery rocket man soaring with the jumbo jets? The people need answers.
My money's on Elon Musk.