Last updated May 11, 2021
- Contact Information
- Information We Collect and How We Use It
- Cookies and Online Tracking Technologies
- How We Use the Information We Collect
- Sharing Your Information
- Retention of Personal Information
- Preference Management
- Your Legal Rights
- Your California Privacy Rights
- Information Security
- Transfer of Information to the United States
- Children’s Privacy
- Links to Other Materials
Not the Bee
ATTN: Customer Service
PO Box 546
Jupiter, FL 33458
OR via our online form
This policy applies to information we collect:
- On our Website (notthebee.com and mobile applications)
- Via email, text and other electronic messages between you and the Website.
It does not apply to information collected by:
- Us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by any third party (including, if applicable, our affiliates and subsidiaries).
- Any third party (including, if applicable, our affiliates and subsidiaries), through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on the Website(s).
We collect information that you choose to provide us or that you choose to include in your profile or account, and that personally identifies you such as your name, address, zip code, telephone number, e-mail address, and other personally identifiable information (“Personal Information”). You may be asked to provide us with Personal Information when you register with the Website or apps, and at other times to enable us to provide the Website(s) and Services to you and to manage our relationship with you including payment processing, troubleshooting and maintenance. As authorized by you (opt-in consent) or permitted by law, your Personal Information may also be used by us to directly market products and services that may be of interest to you. The decision to provide this information is optional. However, if you choose not to provide the requested information, you may not be able to use some or all of the features of the Website(s) or Services. The lawful bases for processing your Personal Information in this manner include Not the Bee’s legitimate interest, compliance with legal obligations, and the performance of any contractual relationship requested by you.
You are responsible for the contents of any images or content that you upload to our site, and understand that any communications or file sharing features of this site may be monitored by site admins, in addition to being monitored by our community moderators in an anonymous fashion (meaning, the images you upload are not linked to your personal account, but may be viewed by our moderators for the sole purpose of verifying that they comply with our site's community guidelines).
Usage Data and Site Activity
We automatically collect and analyze information in connection with the actions you take on the Website(s) and in connection with using the Services (“Usage Data”) to improve the Website(s), Services and User experience. This data includes, but is not limited to, the type of browser you are using, the type of operating system you are using, your IP address, aggregate data about the number of visits to the Website(s), and aggregate data about the pages visited. This anonymous usage information may be associated with your username and profile, but we do not disclose this information to third parties. The lawful bases for processing your Personal Information in this manner include Not the Bee’s legitimate interest, compliance with legal obligations, and the performance of a contractual relationship with you.Cookies and Online Tracking Technologies
When you use our site, we share information that we collect from you, such as your email (in hashed form), IP address or information about your browser or operating system, with our identity partners/service providers, including LiveRamp Inc. LiveRamp returns an online identification code that we may store in our first-party cookie for our use in online, in-app, and cross-channel advertising and it may be shared with advertising companies to enable interest-based and targeted advertising. To opt out of this use, please click here
Do Not Track Disclosure
Additionally, although some Internet browsers have a ‘do not track’ feature that lets you tell websites that you do not want to have your online activities tracked, we are currently not set up to respond to such signals.Sharing Your Information
- To contractors, service providers and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep Personal Information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, change in control, or other sale, transfer, or other action with respect to of some or all of Not the Bee assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, dissolution, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which Personal Information held by Not the Bee about the Website(s) users is among the assets affected.
- If we were previously authorized or are otherwise permitted by law to share your Personal Information with our affiliates and Advertising Partners to provide you with information that may be relevant to you, including for their own marketing purposes.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- To comply with any court order, law or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Not the Bee, our customers, or others.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- We may disclose aggregated, non-personally identifiable information about the Website(s) users without restriction.
We retain your Personal Information for as long as we have a relationship with you. We also retain your Personal Information for a period of time after our relationship with you has ended where there is an ongoing business need to retain it. This includes retention to comply with our legal, regulatory, tax and/or accounting obligations. We do so in accordance with our data retention policies and applicable law.
To opt-out of our email list, send a request to [email protected] at any time and ask to be removed, or simply click the unsubscribe link found at the bottom of one of our emails.
We may continue to send you certain transactional email communications (e.g. emails regarding account notifications, customer support questions and similar information) regarding your use of the Site and Services.Your Legal Rights
You have the right to:
- Request a copy of the Personal Information we hold about you;
- Request that inaccurate information about you be corrected or deleted;
- Object to having your Personal Information processed;
- Request that we delete any and all Personal Information we hold about you;
- Request that we restrict processing your Personal Information;
- Request that you not be subject to automated decision making including profiling; or
- Receive your Personal Information in a structured, prevailing, and machine-readable form and/or have your Personal Information transferred to another controller, where technically feasible.
Not the Bee email subscribers and subscribers of paid content may access and correct their contact information on file by accessing their account online. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.Your California Privacy Rights
Under California law, a California resident with whom Not the Bee has an established relationship has the right to request certain information with respect to any Personal Information Not the Bee may have shared with third parties for their direct marketing purposes. Alternatively, Not the Bee may provide a cost-free means to opt out of such sharing.
Please see our Privacy Notice for California Residents to learn more about your California privacy rights.Information Security
Not the Bee has implemented certain procedural, technical and physical security measures to help protect against the risk of loss, misuse, and alteration of sensitive information that you provide. We require third parties with whom we share Personal Information to do the same. Nevertheless, such security measures may not prevent all loss, misuse, or alteration of information on the Site, and Not the Bee is not responsible for any damages or liabilities relating to any such security failures. By using the Site, you understand that there is a risk that data and communications, including email and other electronic communications, may be accessed by unauthorized third parties. The foregoing does not affect any liability that cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law.Transfer of Information to the United States
The Site is not directed to children under the age of 18 years. We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from anyone under the age of 18. By using the Website(s), you represent and warrant that you are at least 18 years old. If we become aware that a customer is under the age of 18 and has registered or otherwise provided Personal Information, we will cancel the corresponding registration and delete such information from our records.Links to Other Materials