There's securing the bag and then there's securing the bag.
The group of tech giants known as FAANG (Facebook, Amazon, Apple, Netflix, Google) all just reported first-quarter earnings and holy cow they made a lot of money. Apple and Amazon both topped $100 BILLION in revenue -- in one quarter!
CNBC broke down how much they made every minute of the first three months of this year, and they threw Tesla and Microsoft in as well because why not. There were 90 days, and 129,600 minutes, in the first quarter of 2021. Here you go:
- Amazon: $837,330.25 revenue per minute in 2021′s first quarter
- Apple: $691,234.57 per minute
- Alphabet (Google): $426,805.56 per minute
- Microsoft: $321,805.56 per minute
- Facebook: $201,936.73 per minute
- Tesla: $80,162.04 per minute
- Netflix: $55,270.06 per minute
That is such big money that it's hard to wrap one's brain around.
P.S. Now check out our latest video about how Jeff Bezos wants to live forever and actually can 👇