A team of robbers committed EIGHT robberies in Downtown Chicago on Thursday evening in roughly 45 minutes.
Police say this same team of robbers were active with five robberies on Tuesday evening.
The armed robbers are known to hold their victims at gunpoint and drive a stolen four-door green Ford Fusion with a license plate beginning with BL636.
The suspects are four to five Black males who wear dark hoodies with masks, according to a Chicago Police Department spokesperson.
The Thursday night robbery-spree in chronological order:
- 10:30 p.m.: robbed a 25-year-old man and a 32-year-old woman at gunpoint
- 10:35 p.m.: robbed a man sitting in his car of his phone and headphones at gunpoint
- 10:40 p.m. robbed two 19-year-old men of their phones
- 10:45 p.m.: robbed a woman of her backpack
- 10:50 p.m.: robbed a 22-year-old man of his phone, keys, and wallet at gunpoint
- 11:10 p.m.: robbed a 35-year-old man and a 30-year-old woman at gunpoint
- 11:12 p.m.: robbed a 24-year-old man of a bag with "valuables"
- 11:15 p.m.: robbed four men who are 27 or 28 years old at gunpoint
"These incidents can be deeply traumatizing, and my staff is hard at work to assist witnesses and victims with contacting local law enforcement to provide any new information to investigators," said Chicago City Council member Brian Hopkins.
Hopkins represents the people of the area in which some of these crimes occurred.
Hopkins also said victims "did not immediately call 911 to report the crime, and were understandably stressed and went home, or talked with friends or family, instead of making an immediate report."