House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy (R-CA) held a town hall on Friday morning to unveil House Republicans' action plan should they retake the House this November.
The plan followed the outline of "An Economy that's Strong", "A Nation That's Safe", "A Future That's Built on Freedom", and "A Government That's Accountable." Fox News noted that the plan is similar to the focus of former House Speaker Newt Gingrich.
Here are the details:
- Fight inflation and lower the cost of living by cutting government spending, lowering taxes, and deregulating industry.
- Maximize American-made energy and move supply chains and manufacturing away from China.
- Secure the border by increasing funding to law enforcement, hiring 200,000 more officers, ending catch-and-release, requiring legal status for jobs, targeting DAs who refuse to prosecute crime, and fighting the import of fentanyl that's killing thousands.
- Establish a Select Committee on China to counter the growing threat of the CCP.
- Advance a Parents' Bill of Rights, protect women competing in women's sports from transgender ideology, work on legislation to curb censorship and privacy invasion by Big Tech.
- Uphold constitutional freedoms including free speech, the rights of preborn children, religious liberty, and the right to keep and bear arms.
- End proxy voting in Congress, push for voter ID and accurate voter rolls with fair observer access to polling sites.
McCarthy also said the GOP's first order of business would be to repeal the 87,000 new IRS agents – many of them armed – that the Democrats approved this year.
P.S. Now check out our latest video 👇