Proposal HR 1 is a horrible bill. It's such a rotten piece of junk that it got Mike Pence – a man whose angriest public moment was the stoic dagger eyes he wielded after the Capitol riot – to pen a long article for the Daily Signal absolutely blasting the bill.
Per the usual Leftist way of naming a bill after the thing it will destroy (see: Affordable Care Act, Equality Act), Dems have introduced the so-called "For The People Act" to codify all the bad practices of the 2020 election and make it illegal for states to shore up their processes.
In short, this bill would ensure the GOP never has control of government again.
But don't take my word for it. Here it is straight from our former VP:
"While legislators in many states have begun work on election reform to restore public confidence in state elections, unfortunately, congressional Democrats have chosen to sweep those valid concerns and reforms aside and to push forward a brazen attempt to nationalize elections in blatant disregard of the U.S. Constitution.
Congress will vote this week on HR 1, the so-called For the People Act, a massive 800-page election overhaul bill that would increase opportunities for election fraud, trample the First Amendment, further erode confidence in our elections, and forever dilute the votes of legally qualified eligible voters."
He continued by laying out historical examples of election fraud and the need for safeguards that will ensure the public trusts the results in the future.
Here‘s what the bill would do:
- Force states to use universal mail-in ballots and a slew of things like online voter registration/early voting.
- Allow anyone with a record in a state or federal database - especially anyone with an ID or government records of any kind - to be automatically registered to vote without checking citizenship status.
- Force states to count ballots that arrive up to 10 DAYS AFTER THE ELECTION.
- Force states to allow mass drop-offs of ballots, a tactic used in "harvesting" operations where people collect ballots - either by paying people or stealing from them - and filling them out in bulk.
- Ban voter ID.
- Bar state and local election officials from maintaining voter rolls and eligibility.
- Redraw congressional districts according to the whims of unelected bureaucrats who would work at the behest of the Dems.
- Allow illegal immigrants to count in congressional counts and have representation in D.C.
- Allow criminals to vote the second they step out of prison.
- Put red tape in place to make it harder for grassroots organizations to fundraise and get their platform out.
- Allow private political donations to be made public. Hint: those who give wrongly will get cancelled.
"HR 1 is an unconstitutional, reckless, and anti-democratic bill that would erode those foundational principles and could permanently damage our republic," concludes Pence.
Do y'all even KNOW how strong of a statement that is coming from Pence?
This 800-page garbage pile is so extreme that I'd laugh if I wasn't concerned this thing might pass. If this were to go through, American civics would cease to exist. At least 75 million Americans and their families would have no effective means of representation. They'd only have emissaries that get to complain in Congress before the Left does what it wants without question.
In effect, it would be the end of the United States. Lest we forget, it was taxation and other forced political strong-arming without representation that started this whole thing.
And how is the media reacting to Pence's concerns? By running cover for the Left and insinuating that Pence is a Nazi like Orange Man Bad:
Pence is right to be worried. We should be too.
P.S. While you're here you should check out our latest video: "Culture warrior Barack Obama is back with more fake outrage" 👇