Susan "Balloonhead" Shaw, an Oregon State University professor of Women, Gender, and Sexuality Studies (shocker lol), places the blame for the wildfires currently ravaging the West Coast squarely on the shoulders of "white Christians."
The esteemed pRoFfEsSoR stated that "the intensity and scope of these fires are a result of climate change" and then blames white Christians in particular by saying, "many Christians, especially white Christians, have embraced denial of climate science" and "the West is burning while most white Christians turn away from the root causes of the devastation" and "the white church is mostly complicit with the intersecting systems of racism and global capitalism that underlie climate change."
Some other gems from the Environmental Joan of Arc:
- "The disturbing link between white evangelical support for Trump and disregard for climate change that disproportionately affects poor people of color around the world should probably not be all that surprising."
- "Many white Christians believe God won't let climate change destroy the earth."
- "White Christians will have to change."
- "The white church is invested in white supremacy."
- "The system of white supremacy itself will have to be dismantled, if we have any hope of averting irreversible climate disaster."
Asked about California's disastrous forest management resulting from ridiculous environmental rules which everyone agrees is a major cause of the severity of the wildfires, Shaw replied: