The ultra-woke white lady pictured above, who is a University of Minnesota alumnus, has SEEN THE LIGHT and assembled a 12-step recovery program which mirrors Alcoholics Anonymous's 12-step program ... but this program is for recovering from the horrible sin of BEING WHITE.
Here are Miss Balloonhead's 12 steps toward racial salvation from her lecture entitled "Recovery from White Conditioning":
- Step 1: "We admitted that we had been socially conditioned by the ideology of white supremacy."
- Step 2: "We came to believe that we could embrace our ignorance as an invitation to learn."
- Step 3: "We develop support systems to keep us engaged in this work."
- Step 4: "We journeyed boldly inward, exploring and acknowledging ways in which white supremacist teachings have been integrated into our minds and spirits."
- Step 5: "We confessed our mistakes and failings to ourselves and others."
- Step 6: "We were entirely ready to deconstruct previous ways of knowing, as they have been developed through the lens of white supremacy."
- Step 7: "We humbly explored new ways of understanding…proactively seeking out new learning and reconstructing a more inclusive sense of reality."
- Step 8: "We committed ourselves to ongoing study of our racial biases, conscious or unconscious, and our maladaptive patterns of white supremacist thinking."
- Step 9: "We develop strategies to counteract our racial biases."
- Step 10: "We embraced the responsibility of focusing on our impact, more than our intentions, in interactions with people of color."
- Step 11: "We engage in daily practices of self-reflection."
- Step 12: "We committed ourselves to sharing this message with our white brothers, sisters, and siblings…in order to build a supportive recovery community and to encourage personal accountability within our culture."
The performative self-loathing, it truly is nauseating.
Here are some choice quotes from the lecture:
- "We have been socially conditioned. [White supremacy] is in us. It will always be here. We will always have to work against it in this journey of transformation."
- "Stepping into that tension and accepting my connection to white supremacy has been a freedom of sorts to show up in better alignment with my values and do the work for the rest of my life."
- "It is sometimes necessary to focus singularly on race."
- "Imperialist white supremacist capitalist patriarchy is the power structure underlying the social order."
- "Forever and always, for the rest of our lives, we can notice and study where our issues are and how we're gonna be more courageous the next day."
Here's the video ... see if you can stomach even 5 minutes of it.
Say it with me now ...