Community Guidelines / Code of Conduct
The following rules must be followed in order to be part of the Not the Bee community. This is not an exhaustive list, but a common-sense guide to the proper way to conduct yourself while on our website:
- Do not post any offensive or illegal material
- Do not harass, disparage, belittle or bully any other user
- Do not use profanity, or mask profanity with asterisks, or imply profanity
- Do not share any other user's personal or private information without their consent. Further, do not share information from a private group with any users that are not a member of the group. In general, just don't share people's information or posts with users they did not intend to share it with.
- Do not use the website as a platform to sell, promote or otherwise solicit any type of business or product
- Do not try to circumvent any of the site's security or moderation software
- Do not "spam" our comments section, groups or social feed with low effort posts. For example, repeatedly sharing memes without any commentary directly to the social feed would be considered "post spam", and your posts will be subject to removal. This website is for REAL social interaction, it is not a place to dump memes or to try and dominate the social feed. You can say what you want, but be mindful to let others speak as well.
- It's ridiculous that we have to say this, but do not glorify, talk whimsically about, romanticize or otherwise attempt to normalize any justifiably taboo topics, such as terrorism, murder, cannibalism, pedophilia, etc.
- You may only open and maintain at most one personal account and one business or artist account. You can not create proxy accounts, or impersonate others. For free users, when your 30 day trial expires, you may not open a new account, even with another email address.
- Do not make outlandish claims or make posts promoting a religious or social belief that may be used to promote harm or violence against another person. Do not make claims that you are a prophet or have a religious opinion that has been shared with you by God and not with others. There have been lots of prophets, but none of them are current members of this site.
- Do not glorify violence in any way or speak about crimes you may have been involved in. Do not post pictures of yourself in a threatening pose, or with a weapon or outfit that would suggest you may be interested in committing a violent act. A simple picture of yourself lawfully shooting a gun at a gun range is quite ok, but pointing the gun at the camera would be considered threatening.
Any violation of these rules may result in immediate suspension or deletion of your account. We maintain the right to cancel your account for any reason related to violation of these rules or any other conduct that our management team deems damaging to our community.
Long story short: be nice, respect yourself, and above all else, respect others. In other words, don't be a jerk.