There are serious problems in Chicago.
At least 73 people were shot over the weekend in "Chiraq," Illinois, resulting in at least 11 deaths.
The dead victims include:
- A 17-year-old who was shot in the chest in the backyard of a home around 1:15 a.m. Sunday when someone opened fire at him.
- A 19-year-old man who was shot multiple times near a sidewalk around 7:30 p.m. Friday.
- A 37-year-old man who was shot in the head when he was standing on the sidewalk with a group of people around 1:15 a.m. Sunday. Someone driving by in a blue car opened fire at them.
- A 44-year-old man who was shot and killed in front of a 24-hour convenience store around 8:15 p.m. Saturday. The man was an employee of the store. Someone walked up to the man and shot him in the chest as he smoked a cigarette.
The injured victims (still alive) include:
- A 15-year-old who was with the aforementioned 17-year-old in the backyard of a home was shot in the abdomen. He is in the hospital in "serious condition."
- Another 17-year-old boy and 21-year-old man who were standing in the street Saturday when someone in a black car fired at them. The 17-year-old is in "serious condition." The 21-year-old is in "fair condition."
- Five men (ages 23, 30, 36, 48, and 50) who were shot as they gathered in the backyard of a home early Sunday. They are all "stabilized" now.
- A 26-year-old man who was shot early Saturday as he was driving on the Eisenhower Expressway. Someone in another vehicle fired shots at him. He suffered "non-life-threatening injuries." A 26-year-old woman and four young children also in the car were uninjured.
I hate having to write these types of articles.
There's news like this EVERY WEEK, and much of the mainstream media doesn't care to cover it.
But the brokenness in this country needs to be addressed.