Two things can be true at once:
- This can be a highly partisan move.
- This can be the right move.
Let's not forget that Donald Trump was subjected to years of congressional investigation over Russian collusion and quid pro quo in Ukraine.
If you supported those measures against Trump, you cannot complain about this without being a massive hypocrite.
- Joe Biden got the Ukrainian special prosecutor fired who was investigating his son's involvement on the board of a corrupt Ukrainian energy firm.
- Hunter Biden's laptop is a treasure trove that implicates the president ("The Big Guy") in numerous financial transactions with shady foreign entities that have benefited the Biden family over decades.
- Whistleblower Tony Bobulinski, who helped set up the shell companies the Biden family used, has publicly detailed his conversations with Joe Biden and his brother Jim Biden, as well as Hunter Biden.
- Joe Biden claimed he had no involvement with any of these family dealings, but voicemails and messages counter that claim.
And that's just the tip of the iceberg!
Unfortunately, a House GOP investigation means nothing without the Senate. Because Republicans failed to take control of both chambers, their ability to do anything to hold Joe Biden accountable will likely have to wait 2 more years.
In the meantime, what they need to do is blow the lid off this sucker.
The Dems made every American suffer through months of repeated impeachment hearings under Donald Trump, and post-Donald Trump they've pushed January 6th on us ad nauseam.
The Republicans should do the same.
And if you are a Dem who doesn't like that, perhaps you should tell your own team that they started this crazy train. The Republicans have every right to shout their own grievances from the rooftops and hold as many investigations as they'd like after the last 6 years of insanity from the Left.
If your response is, "But Trump is literally Hitler!", then perhaps these investigations will give you an insight into how you follow just as much of a brainwashed cult as those who unquestioningly worship Donald Trump.
Here's a longer clip of the House GOP announcement for those interested: