Oi! It must be election season, because the Republicans are pretending to do something!
Look, I'm glad this is happening. After all, the Dems impeached Trump twice and it was all political grandstanding both times. At the time, some of us said this was bad precedent, because it meant that every president would be impeached by the other party for stupid and/or made-up reasons (Steele Dossier, anyone?).
But I'm a bit mistrustful that California McCarthy and his pals will actually do anything. They've known their plan for about 6 months at this point:
- Step 1: Drop bombshell allegations that pretty much anyone paying attention to Joe Biden would have already assumed.
- Step 2: Form committees.
- Step 3 (You Are Here): Hold an impeachment inquiry.
- Step 4: Recommend impeachment
- Step 5: Hold a vote, pass impeachment with the GOP majority in the House, watch it immediately die in the Senate.
- Step 6: Tell the voters how much the Uniparty fights for them, ask for donations.
As usual, I would love if the Republican leaders proved me wrong!
P.S. Now check out our latest video 👇