We used to have a term for people who targeted others based entirely on the subjective perception of skin color and ethnicity.
"White-supremacist-capitalism uses policing to protect profits and steal Black life," reads an Instagram post by the Black Lives Matter Global Network Foundation. "Skip the Black Friday sales and buy exclusively from Black-owned businesses."
"We're dreaming of a #Blackxmas. That means no spending with white companies from 11/26/2021 – 01/01/2022," the BlackXmas website says.
How do you define a "white company"?
- If you're an Iranian woman who fled to America to start a new life, should your small business be boycotted because your skin color is too light?
- What if you're from a rich Nigerian family that made its money by selling fellow Africans into the Arab and European slave trades back in the day, and you've just moved to New York with your daddy's money to start a clothing company? Should we still shop there because of the color of your skin?
- What if you're a white dude like Elon Musk (whose ethnicity is Dutch Afrikaner and French Canadian), Jeff Bezos (Cuban and Scandinavian), Mark Zuckerberg (Austrian/Polish Jew), or Steve Jobs (Syrian and German), who came from nothing but worked your rear end off to make it? Is your merit and diverse heritage worth nothing because some Marxists lump you into a category called "white"?
- Speaking of Zuckerberg, should you be posting this on a platform he owns??
- Instead of a small store owned by an evil "white" family, should we only shop from black billionaires like Oprah, David Steward, and Kanye (or should we skip Kanye because his political views aren't "black" enough now)?
- What if you're a "Latinx" person descended from Spanish Conquistadors and those Aztec priests who would cut the hearts out of thousands of people in a single day? Do you only get a pass if you have a BLM-approved level of melanin in your skin?
Nothing will get BLM to stop trying to pit people against each other. They literally want you to celebrate Christmas by segregating society.