LeBron James is not well liked on Twitter:
For its top 20 list, betting news company Pickswise combed through 500,000 negative messages posted over the last year that were aimed at athletes on Twitter and discovered that LeBron James was the most hated athlete of them all, and it wasn't even close.
According to the company's survey, James received thousands of times more abuse on Twitter than any of the others on the list. Indeed, James was the target of more negative tweets (122,568) than the combined tweets (106,599) of the other four of the five most abused players.
Pickswise reviewed the tweets spanning June 2020 to June 2021, looking for messages that contained "words, phrases and hashtags that were known abusive terms" against pro athletes.
I can't POSSIBLY imagine why LeBron would be despised so much.
Could it be that King James makes almost $100 million a year to flop around the court like a fish outta water?
How about his stellar and manly attitude about losing a game?
What really takes the cake though is when he calls himself oppressed and makes death threats to police!
Here was the top 10 list for most-hated athletes on Twitter. No one even comes CLOSE to LeBron!!
- LeBron James (122,568 abusive tweets)
- Marcus Rashford (32,328 abusive tweets)
- Tom Brady (28,151 abusive tweets)
- Kevin Durant (24,370 abusive tweets)
- Bubba Wallace (21,750 abusive tweets)
- Damian Lillard (20,904 abusive tweets)
- Trevor Bauer (14,083 abusive tweets)
- Cristiano Ronaldo (11,757 abusive tweets)
- Steph Curry (11,203 abusive tweets)
- Mesut Ozil (11,192 abusive tweets)