This couple had Covid and couldn't smell the smoke when their house caught fire. Their toddler, with only a few words under his belt, saved their entire family.
· Jan 28, 2022 ·

This story just made my week.

An absolute hero!

Kid basically just saved his entire family (he has four siblings).

So at about 4:30 in the morning a few weeks back, Kayla and Nathan Dahl were sleeping in bed with no sense of smell or taste due to recent exposure to Covid when little Brandon came into their room.

"Mama, hot," Brandon said in his cute little toddler voice.

At first, his mother thought he was just warm in his pajamas, but when she opened her eyes and looked at the doorway, all she could see was flames.

Quickly, Kayla and her husband gathered up the other four kids and made for the door.

"Brandon saved us," Kayla told Good Morning America. "He was wrapped in God's arms to help protect him and to make sure that our entire family was able to get out."

Unfortunately, the Dahl's home and everything in it was destroyed by the fire.

They believe the fire started in the living room and their less than a year old smoke detectors remained silent, though the house was filled with smoke...

The house was completely destroyed by the fire, but luckily the Dahls and their five children were unharmed. They are now living in a rental house and a family friend set up a GoFundMe to get them back on their feet.

But without little Brandon, things may have been fatal.

"He saved our entire family," Kayla Dahl told WFAA. "I mean, he's our little mini hero."

And now I'm going to pretend not to cry...

Here are the Dahls on Good Morning America:

P.S. Now check out our latest video 👇

Keep up with our latest videos — Subscribe to our YouTube channel!

Ready to join the conversation? Subscribe today.

Access comments and our fully-featured social platform.

Sign up Now
App screenshot

You must signup or login to view or post comments on this article.