New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo told MSNBC that "incompetent government" has caused excess deaths during the pandemic.
Here was the balloonhead spouting off on TV. Note how the MSNBC anchor just approves of everything he's saying without a single critical question about his botched handling and coverup of everything COVID-related.
If you've followed any news for the last 300 days or so, you might find that just a bit ironic.
You know, just the tiniest, littlest bit!
Of course, what Cuomo meant was that Trump's incompetence killed people (because Cuomo was too busy writing and publishing a book on his "true leadership" in 2020 to be at fault).
Of course, NY residents – and even state Democrats – are ticked about his failure to actually provide any data on the actual number of COVID deaths in the state.
"It is downright insulting to the co-equal State Legislature that, six months later, DOH is continuing to stonewall us on basic questions," said state Sen. James Skoufis this week, the ranking Democrat on the Senate Investigations Committee who is moving to subpoena Cuomo and the health department.
Without any further commentary, I'll just leave this small list to take you down memory lane. I assume you can draw your own informed conclusions from there.
- Cuomo sent more than 6,300 COVID-19 positive patients into nursing homes last spring, where at least 20,000 staff members then became infected.
- While NY says only 6,600 people died in nursing homes as a result, reasonable estimates have put that number twice as high. While it should be easy to confirm, the health department is refusing to provide the actual numbers.
- Cuomo reversed his #sCieNtiFiC orders to send sick people among the most vulnerable population in early May. He then had the health department scrub the order from their website so it couldn't be referenced.
- Cuomo spent the rest of the year blaming Trump for the high death numbers in his state.
- In October, he said that his order to send the sick into nursing homes "never happened."
- Cuomo said he'd block the vaccine from NY simply because it was made under Trump's administration.
- For all this, Cuomo was nominated for an International Emmy.
- Cuomo recently has botched the vaccine delivery program in his state, but of course that was Trump's fault too.
- Cuomo decided to suddenly open up the economy (because sCiEnCe!) right after Biden was inaugurated in a total coincidence.