Watch: Arsonist dog caught setting his owner's house on fire

Jun 14th

The Kansas City Fire Department and Southern Platte Fire Protection District responded to a house fire. They were able to rescue two dogs from the burning home and extinguish the flames. No one was injured in the fire.

The home was equipped with a Nest security system, so firefighters were able to review footage from inside the house for clues as to what started the fire.

Imagine their surprise to see the family dog turn on the stove and try to burn the whole place down.

Apparently someone had left some food in a pan on the stovetop, which both attracted the dog and also started a grease fire when the dog accidentally turned on the burner.

Capt. Chris Alvarado with the Southern Platte Fire Protection District said,

From the time he did that to the time until you could actually see the grease explode in the video and the fire start ranging at that point was around eight minutes.

The owners of the home let the fire department release the footage to encourage other homeowners to enable any safety options that are included with stovetop controls.

Also, don't take your dog's stapler and move him to the basement.


P.S. Now check out our viral vid "How to speak Bidenese" 😁 👇

Keep up with our latest videos — Subscribe to our YouTube channel!

Comments

There are 57 comments on this article.

Ready to join the conversation? Start your free trial today.

Access comments and our fully-featured social platform, completely free of charge.

Sign up Now
App screenshot

You must signup or login to view or post comments on this article.