Here's one straight outta the history books.
A one-ton bomb from German air raids during WWII was found on a construction site in Exeter last weekend near the university of the same name.
If you're wondering if it was still active, why yes, yes it was:
Authorities had to evacuate 2,600 buildings in the surrounding area so a bomb squad could safely blow the dang thing up. Even then, it created a crater the size of "a double-decker bus" and left hundreds of people unable to return to their homes as of Tuesday.
Exeter historian Todd Gray said the bomb likely came from a series of raids in the spring of 1942 that claimed 300 lives and destroyed or damaged over 20,000 buildings.
"Thousands of incendiary bombs and 80 to 100 high-explosive bombs were dropped on Exeter in the final raid," he said. "Around 40 high explosive bombs did not detonate."
I bet local constructions crews are going to be a bit more on edge after the find. Can you imagine if they just bulldozed into that thing by accident? Thank God no one was hurt!
Seriously, look at the field it was found in and think about how you'd feel if you had been living in that house next-door: