So yeah, a suspected burglar had to be rescued from a chimney that he was presumably using to break into a home over the weekend.
I'm really not sure how he thought that was going to go. Maybe he expected something like this to happen:
But that's just cinematic effects. And unfortunately for the intruder, he did not slide so seamlessly down the chimney and had to rely on the people he was attempting to burgle from for help.
A resident of the home called the police around 3:30 after hearing rustling outside the house, but after finding no evidence of a break-in the police left. About an hour later he heard moaning coming from a wall and called the police again. This time they discovered the top of the chimney had been removed and the burglar was stuck inside.
Two DOZEN firefighters responded and had to disassemble much of the brick fireplace in order to rescue the man.
The man was then rushed to the hospital where he is being treated for serious injuries. It is not yet known if he will face charges.
Pete Piringer, the Montgomery County Fire and Rescue Service spokesman, tweeted out pictures of the rescue. In one photo you can see the man's legs dangling inside the chimney.
To top it all off, the home is owned by the local Holy Cross Hospital, so I'd say this guy was a real Grinch...even if he was a few weeks late.
P.S. Now treat yourself to our viral video "How to speak Bidenese" 😁👇