Important news out of Washington today.
The rest of the world is laughing at us.
Yep, Joe Biden - the leader of the free world, commander-in-chief of the mightiest military in human history - is spending the time he's not on vacation getting physical therapy, installing shorter stairs, and wearing special orthopedics to keep him from face planting into the ground.
Axios wrote an entire report on the "critical project" of the White House to keep the US president from tripping.
President Biden and his campaign are working on a critical project for his re-election bid: Make sure he doesn't trip.
Driving the news: As voters express deep concerns about the 80-year-old president's age and fitness for office, Biden's team is taking extra steps to prevent him from stumbling in public — as he did in June, when he tripped over a sandbag at the Air Force Academy.
- With a physical therapist, Biden has been doing exercises to improve his balance as far back as November 2021.
- Since his stumble in June, he has been wearing tennis shoes more often to avoid slipping — and using the short stairs on Air Force One, entering the plane on a lower deck than before.
Do any of you think being led by the most frail, decrepit, corrupt old man is a good national strategy? Serious question.
We had Washington crossing the Delaware, braving the winter at Valley Forge, and keeping the fractious American forces united through long years of battle against the British:
Andrew Jackson led men as a general in the Battle of New Orleans during the War of 1812:
Ulysses S. Grant led the Union armies into battle to win the Civil War:
Abraham Lincoln, though not a soldier, was a tough man who grew up on the frontier, traveled long miles through hard country as a prairie lawyer, and led the nation through its most bloody conflict ever.
Teddy Roosevelt served alongside the Rough Riders in the Spanish-American War:
Need I go on?
Those who were not warriors were shrewd lawyers or loquacious statesmen. They knew how to administrate, whether through the balancing of accounts or by inspiring the hearts of men. A few, like Wilson and FDR, had goals to undermine the American experiment with big government or straight-up socialism, but they were skilled in their craft nonetheless.
In my lifetime, I have watched the media harp on George Bush for mispronouncing words like "nuclear," painting him for years as an uneducated rube with big, monkey-like ears.
I saw the same media work itself up into a tizzy when Trump walked slowly down a ramp in his dress shoes.
So after watching the media protect Joe Biden from scrutiny for 3 years, I have to wonder why leftist outlets like Axios are now reporting on Biden's frailty.
- Biden's doctor has recommended exercises for balance, which he called "proprioceptive maintenance maneuvers."
- What the maneuvers entail is unclear.
- "I have never heard the term 'proprioceptive maintenance maneuvers.' It is not a clinical term in standard use," said Professor James Gordon, associate dean and chair of the Division of Biokinesiology and Physical Therapy at the University of Southern California.
The White House, meanwhile, is telling us not to believe the evidence of our eyes and ears.
- "This article fits an unfortunate pattern of media attempting to sensationalize something that has long been public, rather than covering the president's very real achievements for hardworking Americans," Bates added.
Axios then attacked Trump because of course.
Beyond Trump's legal issues, his erratic behavior — as evident this week in his social media posts — has raised concerns about the former president's mental state.
You want my opinion? The establishment increasingly wants Biden gone, but they have to hedge their bets carefully so you're presented with the choice between an "erratic" man and a man who can't walk over freshly-mowed grass.
Man, what I would give for General George Washington right now.
P.S. Now check out our latest video 👇