Early Wednesday morning, scheming Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer brought a vote on the floor of the Senate for HR 1, a proposal that would destroy the power of states to decide their own election laws and therefore turn the United States of America into the Capitol and the Districts from the Hunger Games.
There was one man who was there to successfully block him.
I'm not here to sing sycophantic praises about a politician, but God bless Ted Cruz. HR 1 had already passed in the House, meaning it would have been signed into law by Biden if it had gotten through.
Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer (D-NY) brought the For The People Act, a bill critics say amounts to a federal takeover of elections, to the floor around 3:30 a.m. after the Senate had concluded 15 hours of amendment votes on a $3.5 trillion budget resolution. In the dead of night, Schumer sought to pass the federal overhaul of elections by unanimous consent, according to the Houston Chronicle.
Only one objection by a senator was required to stop the process. In a roughly 15-minute back-and-forth, Cruz tanked Schumer's attempt to force the election bill through the Senate. Cruz blasted the bill in remarks on the Senate floor:
If you need a reminder of how bad HR 1 is (with the Orwellian title "For The People), let me remind you what it would do:
- Force states to use universal mail-in ballots and a slew of things like online voter registration/early voting.
- Allow anyone with a record in a state or federal database - especially anyone with an ID or government records of any kind - to be automatically registered to vote without checking citizenship status.
- Force states to count ballots that arrive up to 10 DAYS AFTER THE ELECTION.
- Force states to allow mass drop-offs of ballots, a tactic used in "harvesting" operations where people collect ballots - either by paying people or stealing from them - and filling them out in bulk.
- Ban voter ID.
- Bar state and local election officials from maintaining voter rolls and eligibility.
- Redraw congressional districts according to the whims of unelected bureaucrats who would work at the behest of the Dems.
- Allow illegal immigrants to count in congressional counts and have representation in D.C.
- Allow criminals to vote the second they step out of prison.
- Put red tape in place to make it harder for grassroots organizations to fundraise and get their platform out.
- Allow private political donations to be made public. Hint: those who give wrongly will get cancelled.
Like I said, God bless Ted Cruz. Don't let the Capitol destroy the nation.
P.S. Now treat yourself to a quality brain break with our latest video about a psychotic deer rescuing a rabbit by stomping the life out of a freaking hawk: