After claiming that the war zone formerly known as "Chicago" is getting its historic violence under control, Mayor Lori Lightfoot said that nearly all of her critics are horrible sexists and racists:
What a line of reasoning! I should use that on everything now. If my doctor tells me to lay off the hamburgers, I could tell him that it's racist against my German heritage to suggest such a thing!
I should also try telling my wife that 99% of her criticism is sexist. I'm sure that'd go over well.
Let's start with that garbage question from the WTTW reporter.
Imagine a JOURNALIST asking a male mayor, "How much of your criticism do you think comes because you're white and a man?"
Yeah, sounds pretty bad, right?
Let's review some facts about Lori Lightfoot.
Here are a few of the things she has done in the last year alone:
- Refused to let any white reporters interview her. In the olden days of five minutes ago, one might say that selective exclusion based on skin color was "racist."
- Broke her own lockdown rules to get her hair done.
- Allowed BLM protests and election celebrations but banned Thanksgiving.
- Made cringeworthy videos about sCiEnCe.
- Raided churches for violating her lockdown orders.
- Worked with teacher's unions to keep schools closed.
- Sent out an absolutely insane email that screeched at her staff.
- Deployed cops to protect her home from protesters while calling to defund the police and handicapping them with stupid rules.
- Had an insane spike in murders and shootings across the city in 2020 that her policies did absolutely nothing to address, which has only gotten worse as criminals now shoot up intersections in broad daylight with machine guns.
- Called for statues across the city to be removed because anything she doesn't like is racist.
Tell me: Which of these criticisms had anything to do with this very bad mayor's gender or skin color?
Then again, what do I know? As a toxic male steeped in whiteness, I'm just a second-class citizen in Lori McClownfoot's perfect world!